It is important to brush your teeth at least twice a day with proper technique. So what exactly is the proper way to brush your teeth?
With a soft bristle toothbrush:
- Place at a 45° angle to the gums
- With light pressure, move the toothbrush in small strokes back and forth (think tooth-wide strokes)
- Make sure to get the outer, inner and chewing surfaces of your teeth
- Tilt the toothbrush vertically and use several up and down strokes to clean the inside of the front teeth
- Don’t forget to floss at least once per day!
Make sure to replace your toothbrush or toothbrush heads every 3 months, or after sickness. Let your brush bristles breathe and air dry.
Check out this video from the American Dental Association (ADA)