On October 1, 1991, Dr. Sonny Spera began what was to be Progressive Dental, PLLC. The first office was located at 1080 Conklin Road in Conklin, NY. This had been the office of Dr. Milton Lawney until his retirement. Dr. Spera and a half dozen dedicated assistants, hygienists and office personnel staffed the small office for two and a half years. In that time, Dr. Spera added more office hours, additional staff and upgraded much of the equipment.
On April 4, 1994, the Conklin Office at 703 Conklin Road was opened. This office was built to accommodate the larger staff and provide state-of-the-art dental design. In 1996, after an office naming contest, our patients’ input gave us “Progressive Dental” and our current practice was born!
In 1998, Dr. Loveland retired and joined our practice in Conklin and in September 1998 we merged with Dr. Bernie Collins at 333 Hooper Road. We built our new office at 565 Hooper Road in Endwell, NY, which we opened on February 1, 1999.
We continued to expand Progressive Dental. In April 2004, Dr. DeRensis retired and Progressive Dental of Norwich, PLLC was born. We continued to work out of the office at 89 N. Broad Street and in October 2004 we opened our new office at 101 S. Broad Street in Norwich, NY.
We believe that preventive dentistry is the cornerstone of our health-centered practice. Early recognition and treatment intervention will optimize the long-term oral health benefits for all of our patients. Quality dentistry, together with proper home care, will ensure the best dental health and reduce the amount of dentistry needed in your lifetime. Our practice commits and prides itself on providing you the highest quality of dental services by:
- Relieving your pain THAT SAME DAY.
- Listening to your chief concerns, which allow us to formulate a proper diagnosis and custom treatment plan.
- Giving you a written estimate prior to starting any treatment.
- Referring you to a specialist as needed.
- Offering a variety of appointment times at four convenient locations to meet your schedule.
- Providing you with an on-call Doctor, ALWAYS.
- Treating the underprivileged in our communities on our annual Doctors with a Heart Day.