Offering dental consultation from wherever you are.
What is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry is the use of audio and video technology to provide care to patients at a distance.
What are the benefits of teledentistry?
- No transportation time or costs
- No need to take time off of work
- Access to your Dentist
- Avoid the risk of exposure to illnesses
- Reduced wait time
- Eliminate child care issues
Is it secure?
All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored. Progressive Dental adheres to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy agreements.
Do you sign up for an account?
No, as a patient you actually don’t need to create an account with us to see your provider. You can simply go to your provider’s URL and check into their waiting room.
What can be done during a Teledentistry visit:
- Assessing treatment urgency and if an emergency visit is needed.
- Information about procedures.
- Follow up calls about current patient procedures including aftercare and additional prescriptions if necessary.
No definitive diagnosis can be given during a Teledentistry appointment, but we can guide and discuss your options and what will happen during an in-office appointment.
To have a video call, all you need is a computer, a tablet, or a mobile device with a camera and microphone.
How to check-in for a visit
- Use a computer or device with a camera and microphone.
- Use our provider website: https://doxy.me/progdentalny or click on the badge below.
- Allow browsers to use your webcam and microphone.
- Type in your name and check-in!
- Your dentist will start the visit when they are ready. Use headphones when possible.