We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last seven weeks and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and care.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our processes are to ensure your visits are both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the ADA, the CDC and OSHA. We also go above and beyond recommendations i.e. preprocedural rinses..
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These are in place to protect our patients and staff and comply with back to work recommendations for Phase I,II,and III. For example:
- We ask you to fill out a screening questionnaire within 24 hours of your visit.
- This can also be filled out online: https://us.patientriver.com/mabwtims.
- When you arrive at the office, please do not enter the office, rather call or text the office.(Please see numbers listed below.) A team member will review your questionnaire and
give you further instructions. Your check-in is being done “remotely”.
- We ask that you wear a mask.
- Upon entry you will be greeted by your provider, your temperature will be taken and you’ll be asked to wash your hands or to use hand sanitizer and then you will be taken back directly to your treatment room.
- Our reception area is modified, with screens at the check-in and check-out stations.
- We have also removed many surfaces in treatment rooms making those areas easier to sterilize and disinfect.
- We are also in the process of renovating our Montrose and Binghamton offices internally, so some walls, and areas will be “under construction”.
- We prefer no one in treatment areas except the patient being treated. If someone needs to be with them, that person will need to fill out the same questionnaire and follow the same screening protocol and wear a mask.
- We are trying to eliminate any areas of congestion i.e. reception area, check-out desk etc.…therefore the check-in is changed as noted above, and the checkout will take place in the treatment room or prior to treatment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will allow greater time between patients, reduce waiting times for you,and eliminate patients in the reception area at any given time.
- You may or may not see the UV air purification system that will be installed.
- Great news: there will NOT be a fee increase for these modifications/additions and there will NOT be an additional PPE fee.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office or visit our website at progressivedentalny.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Progressive Dental Team