Your oral health affects your overall health from birth through adulthood. Giving your child a foundation for taking care of their teeth, establishing routines, and understanding the importance of good dental care can lead to a healthy, happy smile that lasts a lifetime!
Birth until teeth make their way through the gums:
- After each feeding, gently wipe the baby’s gums with a wet, soft washcloth.
Beginning year one:
- Make your child’s appointment to have their first visit with the friendly dentist. Schedule the second appointment six months later.
- Use a soft toothbrush.
- Help your child brush every tooth in a circular and up and down motion 2 times a day for 2 minutes. Don’t forget to brush the tongue and roof of the mouth!
- Use a pea sized dab of toothpaste.
- Floss in between every tooth at least once a day.
- Replace the toothbrush every 2-3 months or if they have been sick.
Healthy foods rich in calcium can help aid good oral health. Try to limit foods with sugar to prevent cavities and decay. Most importantly, establish a daily routine, set a positive example and make brushing their teeth a fun experience!
Progressive Dental welcomes families and children of all ages to any of our five locations. You can even schedule a visit when the tooth fairy is in one of our offices! Check out our website or call (607) 754-2273 to schedule an appointment.
The tooth fairy schedule is visiting each office the last week of every month.
- Monday – Montrose
- Tuesday – Kirkwood
- Wednesday -Binghamton
- Thursday – Endwell
- Friday – Norwich